Telangana is a constituent state in south-central India. In its heart lies Hyderabad and its beauty. This year, the government of this state delinked welfare schemes and ration cards. As a result, these cards are can be used to get rations only. While these are now considered as ‘Food Security Cards, residents are looking for its application and services.
These cards are legal documents to make sure every resident obtains the necessary belongings. For instance, fertilizers, sugar, rice, LPG, and kerosene. To help, Telangana is offering these cards online. As a result, residents can easily visit its official website to avail the benefits of the Civil Supplies Department within the Telangana State. Also, this card serves as identity proof of an Indian and their entire family.
Telangana Ration Card
Keep in mind, the government of Telangana issues food security cards to eligible households only. These are divided according to the economic stability of every resident. Thus, if you wish to save on ration in this state, make sure you have a ration card.
Nowadays, people are fond of online shopping. Moreover, online platforms like DealMeCoupon keep offering huge savings on most commodities. Hence, people always take interest in acting thrifty. While millennials are always looking to save big, one must help the needy in saving money too.
Continue reading to find out how you can apply for a ration card in Telangana. Starting with the different types of food security cards.
Types Of Ration Cards in Telangana
Ration cards in this state are categorized into three types. These include :
Above Poverty Line (APL)
These are white ration cards for above-the-poverty-line households.
Below Poverty Line (BPL)
These are white ration cards for below-the poverty line households.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
These are pink Anthodia Anna Yojana cards for the impoverished families among BPL. People in this category include,
- Marginal farmers
- Craftsmen and artisans
- Landless agricultural workers
- Widow households
- Disabled and elderly people
- Ancient tribal families
- Daily wagers
Eligibility Criteria for Ration Cards
To apply for the Telangana ration card, one must meet the following criteria.
- Every Applicant must be a resident of Telangana
- Applicant must not hold a previous FSC/ration card
- The applicant must be a part of the economical weaker community
- The applicant can hold an expired ration card
Documents For Ration Card
Next to the eligibility criteria is a list of important documents. To apply for the Telangana ration card, residents must acquire the following documents.
Contact And Email
You must provide your exact contact details and email address. Only an activated phone number will be considered to contact in emergencies.
Because this ration card is distributed by the government on the basis of age factor too, it is necessary that you show an age proof. Try to attach your identity card and birth certificate.
To avoid fraud, the government demands identity proof. Thus, the right person can be awarded a Telangana ration card. The easiest way to prove your identity is by attaching your voter ID and passport. Also, show your driving license if available along with your Aadhar card.
When applying for government facilities, proper address is mandatory. Thus, provide your complete address and attach the necessary documents to show authenticity. For instance,
- Current Aadhar card
- Electricity bill
- Water supply bill
- Telephone bill
- LPG receipt
The ration card in Telangana is also distributed according to the income of the receiver. It is because this card provides different discounts on several commodities. Thus, attach your income certificate to make sure there are no missing holes.
It is internationally known that a recent passport size photo is necessary for applying anywhere. You can attach a clear picture of yours for identification. Keep in mind, if you are a glasses wearer, provide your picture without these. It helps to prove your identity easily. After all, you can remove your eyeglasses if someone asks.
Apply For a Ration Card in Telangana
To apply for the ration card in Telangana, check out the Meeseva portal. Visit the ts.meeseva.telangana.gov.in now. Follow these steps.
- Visit the official website of Meeseva, Telangana, and check their web portal.
- On the homepage, look for the ‘Registration Form’ link and reach for it.
- You will now be redirected to a new page that will help you create your Meeseva user ID.
After reaching the page, follow these three steps.
- Fill in your desired login ID and confirm your password.
- Enter your contact details and fill out the details with your mobile number, full name, email ID, and full address. It includes your country, state, pin code, and district.
- Recheck all the details and submit your form.
After creating your user ID, now you can apply for the ration card easily.
- Visit the official web portal of Meeseva Telangana.
- On the left side of the homepage is a blue menu, find it and click on ‘Application Forms’.
Enter the application forms section through this button and allow the page to load.
- Among all the application forms being displayed under ‘Civil Supplies’, reach out for the Application of New Food Security Card.
- Now, the form that opens up is similar to the one displayed below.
- Download this form and get a printout of it.
Start with the ‘head of the household’ details. These include,
- Card type
- UID number
- Father/spouse name
- Name of the head of the family
- Social status
Continue with the ‘gas connection’ details. If you have a gas connection available, enter the following.
- Gas connection status
- Your Gas agency name
- Gas company name
- Consumer number
Next, provide the ‘residence address’ details. These include,
- Door number
- District number
- FB shop number
- Pin code
- SKS form number
The form now includes a table that demands the details of family members. Provide the following,
- Aadhaar number
- Member name
- SRDH name
For the second table, fill the five columns with the following details,
- HOF Yes/No
- SRDH status
- Relationship with HOF
Move on with the ‘informant details’ section. It requires the following information
- Informant name
- Mobile number
- Address proof document
- Informant relation
- Aadhaar proof document
- Delivery type
According to the form, the required documents to be attached are the application form, Aadhaar proof document, and address proof document. To submit this form, go to the nearby Meeseva center. Submit the form along with the required documents. On collection, a Meeseva executive will check your documents and provide you with an acknowledgment slip for further processing.
Check The Telangana Ration Card Status
You can easily check the status of your new food security card. Follow these steps.
- Visit the official website of EPDS in Telangana first. The URL for this website is https://epds.telangana.gov.in.
- Login to the website using your Meeseva user ID and password.
- Search for the ration card through the ‘FSC Search’ option.
- Find the ‘FSC Application Search’ option and click it.
- From the drop-down menu, select your district.
- You can also search for the ration card by old/new ration card number and FSC ref no.
- Enter your application number in the required space.
- Soon after the applicant enters this number, go to the search button and find the status.
Finally, you can view the details of the food security card.
How To Check the Ration List District-Wise?
To help people, the government provides district-wise details of the ration card list. Thus, you can visit the official web portal of the Telangana Civil Supplies Department. Follow these steps for a proper procedure.
- Visit the Telangana PDS web portal.
- Search for the ‘reports’ option on the homepage and click it.
- Find the ‘ration card reports’ option and click it.
- From the drop-down menu displayed, reach out for the ‘FSC card status’ report.
- Now, the new tab will display the district-wise reports of ration cards.
- Select a particular district to find details of all offices in the particular area.
- Click further on the ‘offices’ option to view details of the shop numbers.
- By selecting a particular shop number, you can check its details.
Finally, the details of the ration cardholders will be visible. These include,
- Reference number
- Ration card number
- Card type ID
- Head of the family name
- Gas cylinders
- House number
- MRO/ASO approved date
- Card pool type
Downloading The Telangana Ration Card
It is easy to download the food security card. Follow these steps and you are free to go.
- Visit the official website of the Telangana EPDS. Its official URL is https://epds.telanganagov.in.
- Check the right-hand side menu on its homepage and reach out for the ‘FSC Search’ option.
- Click on the ‘FSC search’ option and select your district.
- Enter your current/old ration card number or FSR reference number to view the card.
- Download the card if results display your name in the list.
Necessary Details About the Food Security Card
According to the National Food Security Act, the Electronic Public Distribution System (EPDS) meets the following details.
- The Telangana Ration Card makes sure that poor households can receive sugar, rice, wheat, LPG, fertilizers, kerosene, and similar commodities at thrifty prices.
- The Telangana government has set up a network of all Fair Price Shops. These help every FSC holder to receive the crucial commodities at reasonable rates.
- The FSC is a beneficial card that can be easily connected to your regular Aadhaar card. Also, the cardholder can connect it to their bank account numbers.
- As per the government, this ration card serves as a special purpose identity document for the family.
That’s all from our side. You can easily download the Telangana Ration Card using these steps. In case of any queries, feel free to ask us in the comments below.
Read More On The Mashtun