The Trident has always been a rare yet awesome weapon for all the Minecrafters, ever since 1.13 has taken place. There is no crafting recipe available for this specific weapon, and nor is there any way to repair it.
More than a real choice of fighting power, the trident in Minecraft is a novelty. A trident consists of several unique magical powers or to be more particular, ‘enchantments’, which could seem somewhat confusing to anybody who is not much accustomed.
In this article, we will be talking about one such Enchantment called ‘Channeling’ and also about the ‘trident’ in general.
Channeling in Minecraft is also known as ‘the power of Thor’. Yes, you have guessed it right! Channeling makes it possible to harness the lightning powers – one ability that almost every Minecrafter has dreamt of at least once.
How Does Channeling Work?
Whenever you chuck a Trident and it lands on a mob, this weapon enables you to summon lightning upon the specific. However, this summoning of the lightning can only be done during thunderstorms.
Also, the mob should be exposed to the open sky. Otherwise, this enchantment can fail to work.
When Would It Stop Working?
Among the seven prominent enchantments that a trident in Minecraft embodies, are mending, unbreaking, riptide, impaling, loyalty, channeling, and the curse of vanishing. A trident has the power to hold almost all of its possible enchantments at one time.
Although, only enchantments like Riptide and Channeling could not co-exist. This happens because both enchantments are equally exclusive in type.
Other than this, Channeling has some more limitations. Such as, if a mob is on lava, water, cobwebs, snow, honey blocks, in a boat, or most important – in a Minecraft, you cannot mobilize lightning. Answers to this, are not clear to date.
How Channeling Could Be Obtained?
In Minecraft, there are three most common techniques with the help of which, any minecrafter would attain this enchantment called Channeling.
The techniques hence follow –
- One can use the Enchanting Table to enchant a Trident. This one is undoubtedly the best bet. Because, instead of just blatantly looting chests and villages, you could keep rolling the Enchantment Table until you get hold of the Trident.
- You can also find a Trident if you could get hold of an enchantment book first. You have to collect a book and three Lapis Lazulis in this process. Taking all those items in hand, you just need to open the enchant menu and combine everything to craft an Enchantment Book. This book will help you to store Channeling for later.
- The third technique to gain The Trident, would not be a one which we are going to suggest. It is such, that you would have to wait for any stranger villager willing to trade one. The chances of this are extremely low, to be precise.
Best Enchantment For The Trident
Being one of the rarest in-game weapons in Minecraft, the trident has the ability to hold seven different enchantments. If we were given the authority to rank all those seven powers, our list would go like this –
- Loyalty – this enchantment would make the Trident come back to the Minecraft each time after throwing. It is just like it suggests in the name – loyal!
- Channeling – helps to summon lightning from the sky.
- Impaling – this one too, like its name, does nothing more than cause extra damage to the mobs.
- Riptide – this enchantment magically hurls the players in the same direction in which the Trident has been thrown.
- Unbreaking – like all of the other enchantments, Unbreaking too, does exactly what its name suggests. It increases the durability of the Trident.
- Mending – this enchantment is used to restore or mend the durability of any items in Minecraft.
- Curse of Vanishing – similar to the ‘potion of invisibility, this curse makes the trident vanish after the Minecrafter dies in the game.
What If Channeling Does Not Work?
In order to make Channeling work, you first need to wait for the lightning. Secondly, you have to ensure that you are hitting a mob with the ranged throw! If these two ends are meeting, the Channeling enchantment would definitely work.
So, here we have summed up all that we know about Channeling in Minecraft! Here you could easily find advantages, disadvantages, and facts about the one weapon which blesses you with the power of the almighty Thor. Hope this guide helps you even more.
We would definitely come up with something new the next time. Till then, Happy Minecrafting folks!!
1. Can you have loyalty and channeling?
Among the seven different enchantments that a trident in Minecraft embodies, are mending, unbreaking, riptide, impaling, loyalty, and channeling.
A trident has the power to hold almost all of its possible enchantments at one time. So yes, both loyalty and channeling can exist in the trident at once.
2. Is channeling rare Minecraft?
In Minecraft, The Trident or Channeling has always been a rare yet awesome weapon for all the Minecrafters, ever since 1.13. There is no crafting recipe available for this specific weapon, and nor is there any way to repair it.
More than a real choice of fighting power, the trident in Minecraft is a novelty.
3. Is there a channeling 2?
The answers to whether a Channeling 2 exists or not, is not widely known. However, acclimatized Minecrafters claim that, even if one such enchantment exists, it would not shoot up the damage of the lightning.
Although, with the help of this power, you would be able to hit the target with the same lightning twice.
4. Does channeling only work under thunderstorms?
Whenever you throw a Trident and it lands on a mob, this weapon enables you to summon lightning upon the specific. However, this summoning of the lightning can only be done during thunderstorms.
Also, the mob should be laying bare to the open sky. Otherwise, this enchantment can fail to work.