Is it possible for you to bring oatmeal on a plane through airport security? No, it is impossible to bring cooked oatmeal through airport security. But if you are willing, bring dry packets of oatmeal. What you bring has to be below 3.4 ounces. In addition, you must place it in your quart-size bag with liquids and gels.
TSA Oatmeal Rule
- TSA stands for Transportation Security Administration. It does not mention oatmeal on the website. A person made research Robyn had already asked the TSA on Twitter if it is possible to bring overnight oats via security onto the plane.
- TSA Liquids Rule covers the prepared meal indicating that containers must have 3.4 oz or less in hand luggage. Therefore, it is possible to bring overnight oats on a plane in carry-on luggage. But you can bring it in small containers under 3.4 ounces.
- You need to pack the containers inside your quart-size bag. You are not capable of fitting multiple bottles in a quart-size bag. But whether you want to travel and make a journey without toothpaste, deodorant, or other toiletries, it is better to pack the toiletries bag with small 3.4 containers of prepared oatmeal.
- If you want to make space, you should switch liquid toiletries to solid versions. For instance, switch solid stick deodorant over aerosol if you want. Instead, if you are willing, pack a bar of soap rather than shower gel. In addition, if you want, purchase solid toothpaste. One cup or 8 ounces is the usual serving size of cooked porridge oats. That’s why you must use 2 or 3 containers of oatmeal in your toiletries bag. Thus, it allows you to have a decent breakfast.
- You can go with the small 3.2 oz tubs. These are ideal choices for you. In this regard, you must know one thing it is possible to bring the entire fruit in carry-on luggage without restriction. Mashed banana is usually treated as liquids, while you must treat a whole banana as a solid.
- Therefore, whether you are willing to have a banana or take another fruit in your oatmeal, you should add this after going through airport security. TSA considers Yogurt as a liquid. Security will permit frozen prepared oatmeal if you are willing to get complicated. While the oatmeal is frozen solid through the checkpoint, the TSA officers will not face any issues with it.
- You might use ice to ensure it is frozen while reaching security. But it is non-essential to discard the melted or slushy ice.
- If you want, switch to solid oats bars. You should use the solid porridge oats bars by Stoats because these are the perfect traveling food. You can pack them in carry-on luggage; in this case, you don’t have to worry about the liquids rule. Therefore, these are a great low, hassle way for oatmeal lovers. With the help of this method, you can solve the problem while in the air.
- Have you planned to fly with big quantities of uncooked oats? If it is, then bring these on the plane in your carry-on bag. However, you can apply the powder rule. Besides, it is possible to pack oatmeal in checked luggage without restriction. Whether you do not require oats on your flight and don’t mind paying for checked luggage, it is a great option.
Check More Can You Take Light Bulbs On A Plane?
Bringing Oatmeal On A Plane For Infants
Do you want to bring oatmeal for a toddler or infant? If you are willing to bring it, it can exceed the 3.4 ounces limit. It is possible to pack prepared oatmeal as much as your child requires.
Hence, you are required to remove the oatmeal from your carry-on baggage. After that, your job is to place the oatmeal in a separate bin for security screening.
Once your kid becomes old enough to walk through airport security unassisted, they won’t qualify as an infant in the eyes of the TSA. The exemption is no longer applicable.
Also Read Can You Bring Keys On A Plane?
1.Can you take overnight oats through airport security?
The major rule to remember is that it is possible to keep any non-solids to 3.4 ounces or less. For example, you can use applesauce, hummus, yogurt, overnight oats, chia pudding, salad dressing, and nut butters.
2. Can you take oat milk on a plane?
Yes, it is possible to take oat milk on a plane, but only when you do not have an infant or toddler. Remember that it can bring milk through airport security in quantities of 3.4 ounces or less.
3. Can I bring cookies on a plane?
There is some good news for people with a sweet tooth. In these cases, you can take most cookies, bread, and other baked goods through airport security.
It is possible to bring a whole cake but only when you seal it accurately in its packaging, and it does not contain any liquid.
4. Can I bring food on an international plane flight?
You can carry solid foods easily. For example, carrying fruits, dry fruits, and salads is possible. But remember that you can carry foods with a high liquid content in containers of 100 ml regardless of the quantity inside. For example, it indicates foods with sauces or curries.
Find Out More Can You Bring Musical Instruments On A Plane?