Apex Legends engine error is an issue that the players might experience while they are trying to launch the game. When the engine error Apex Legends 0x887a0006 appears, it will not let the players play the game. I know, it is an unpleasant experience. But, don’t let the issue ruin your day.
So, are you facing the issue of engine error in Apex Legends Origin right now? Don’t panic. If you are going through this guide, you have arrived at the right track.
Now, let’s see how can you resolve the problem: engine error Apex Legends- unknown file version?
Apex Legends Engine Error When Dropping- What To Consider At This Moment?
Apex Legends engine error crashes can occur for so many reasons.
- The game files can be malicious.
- The graphics card can be outdated.
- The game lacks sufficient features.
- The overclocking can be unstable.
- The system antivirus can interfere with the game files.
- The GPU is unable to manage the higher graphics settings.
The engine error in Apex Legends can occur randomly when the players are about to start the game. But can you fix this problem? Let’s discuss this.
Apex Legends Random Crash- How To Fix The Engine Error On Apex Legends
1. Check the Game Files
For Steam Players- Fix the Integrity of the Game Files
- Open Steam and then make a right-click on the Apex Legends Game icon.
- Choose ‘Properties’.
- From there, move to the ‘Local files’ tab.
- Here, you have to choose the ‘Verify integrity of the game files’ option.
2. For Origin Players- Fix the Apex Legends Invalid Game Executable
- Open the Origin App and move directly to the game library.
- Choose the game Apex Legends from the game list.
- Choose the settings option beside the play button. You will see a drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Repair’ and then confirm it.
- Try to reload the game.
3. Make an Update in the Graphics Drivers
- You have to install Driver Easy first.
- Run it and choose the ‘Scan Now’ option.
- After that, choose the ‘Update All’ option. It will download all the missing drivers in the latest version.
- Reboot the system.
- Try to load the game again.
4. Use the Administrative Privileges
- Go to the Apex Legends application and make a right-click on it.
- Now, you have to choose the option: Open File Location.
- Go to the File Explorer and make a right-click on the file Apex Legends.exe.
- Choose ‘Properties’.
- Now move to the ‘Compatibility’ Tab.
- After that, you have to click the box to tick: Run this program as an administrator.
- Choose ‘Apply’.
- Open the game again.
5. Edit the Registry Values
- At first, you have to right-click on your desktop.
- Now, you should choose the option ‘New’ from the list. From there, you need to choose ‘Text Document’.
- Type: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers] “tdrDelay”=hex(b): 08, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00
- Now, move to Files and choose the option ‘Save As’.
- Give the file name: fix. reg.
- Now choose the type as ‘All Files’.
- Save the file.
- You will see a prompt regarding the message. You have to choose ‘Yes’.
- Run the game Apex Legends again.
Apex Legends Crashing To Desktop- Can you Resolve This?
If your system has the minimum features that are needed for the game Apex Legends, you need to do something more to resolve the issue. Here are methods that you can try when you see that the Apex Legends freezes.
- Uninstall the game Apex Legends and EA-Desktop or Origin and install them again.
- You should make a reboot of your system so that the background tasks can be turned off.
- Fix the game files by using the game library of Origin.
- Shut down all the programs that are running in the background.
Apex Legends DirectX Error- Ways To Settle It
- Delete the DirectX.cab file
- Make a patch update in the system.
- Disable the Firewall of the PC.
- Update all the graphics drivers.
- Use CCleaner and delete the unwanted files from the app.
- Uninstall the Origin and install it again.
Why does Apex keep crashing?
Your Apex Legends game is crashing continuously because the video card you have is not compatible with the Apex Legends game. If you turn off this option, you can get rid of this issue. Also, you are continuously experiencing the rash of Apex Legends because the console system or the game file has been corrupted and it needs to be updated.
How can I fix Apex Legends from crashing?
- Uninstall Apex Legends and then install it again.
- Make a reboot of your system so that you can turn off the background tasks.
- Fix the game files by using the Origin Game Library.
- Shut down all the background tasks that are interfering with the game.
To Sum It Up
So, if you are facing the engine error on Apex Legends, DirectX error, or the Apex Legends crashing issue, you have your solutions here. Now, stop worrying and try the methods given here. Best of luck!